Process 1: Audio

For my audio, I wanted to choose something iconic and dramatic - but not dramatic as in a lot of yelling or quick speech - the kind that's quiet, with drawn out pauses and carefully enunciated words. I chose Ian McKellen's performance of Macbeth's monologue titled "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow." Though the subject matter is grim and quite bleak (this is the time after Macbeth's wife has perished, and he laments about life losing its meaning), McKellen excels at bringing out that hopelessness and emptiness of Macbeth's character at this point. I listened to other audios, but I couldn't stop thinking about this one. There are not as many words as others in this selection, but with the dramatic pauses which are very important to the performance, I managed to come out with thirty seconds of audio.


Here is a transcript of the monologue portion:

Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot. full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

I then mixed the audio with music - for this, I chose Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I felt it added a bit of drama without being overpowering. The audio mixed with the music can be found below. 

Comments

Popular Posts